Nation1099 is a web publication for the entrepreneurial independent contractor. Our goal is to educate, empower and encourage the growing audience of solopreneurs in the gig economy who are hungry for information about how to start, manage and grow their businesses.
We are for analysts, artists, architects, consultants, designers, developers, marketers, videographers, writers and other creative professionals who are eager to succeed on their own terms.
Nation1099 primarily features original reporting by professional journalists and essays written by independent contractors who speak from experience.
We have five main focus areas:
- Start — Everything you need to to go independent.
- Manage — Basic and advanced skills for presenting yourself like a professional.
- Grow — Entrepreneurial strategies for taking your solo business to the next level.
- Thrive — Jobs are for working, but gigging is for living. Tips for making sure your business works for you.
- Connect — Plugging into the solopreneur’s secret weapon . . . the growing network of fellow freelancers.
If you’d like to get involved, be sure to check out our contributor’s guidelines.